The digital era brings new ways of communication through the interaction of different TV platforms such as digital video recorders or video-on-demand, all at a click or touch of a button. Addressable advertising empowers all of these digital platforms as it combines the power of direct marketing with the emotional and visual impact of TV advertising.
Addressable advertising enables advertisers to deliver relevant messages based on a combination of demographic, geographic, psychographic, and other consumption information. Trials have shown that viewers will stay tuned longer when television commercials are relevant to their interests. This makes addressable advertising a key technology in effectively competing against other forms of digital advertising.
Benefits of addressability
For advertising sales teams:
- Increased value of existing inventory by reaching audiences more effectively
- Opportunity for additional advertising revenue streams
- Messaging according to your viewer’s profile
- Increased ratings for programming as a result of more engaged viewers
- Improved ability to compete against threats to television advertising budgets
For service providers:
- A more clearly identifiable and addressable customer for promoting system services and products
- Customized marketing to “at risk” households for acquisition, retention, and upgrades
- Enhanced promotional opportunities for the service provider’s own products such as HD, telephone, and premium services.
NAGRA’s Addressable Advertising solutions are end-to-end systems which are also completely modular in nature. We offer a complete package or the ability to function in combination with third party components. The Eclipse® line of campaign management solutions, which provides order processing, scheduling, verification, invoicing, and reporting, and sends the ad schedule to the play-out module and the addressable copy criteria to the notification system, is the heart of our system.
How it works
Either at the headend or in the client device, the Ad Decision Engine determines in real time how advertising content is combined with linear, on-demand or recorded content, when the opportunity to insert a commercial arises. The seamless switching is achieved either using ads stored in the client device or using a switching mechanism (broadcast or broadband) to insert the ads at the headend. Playback information and logs are sent back to a data collection server that forwards the verification logs to the campaign management and audience analytics solution. Finally, the campaign management system processes the verification files for billing and generates make-goods to fulfill the advertiser’s campaign objectives if necessary.
- Advertising Management
- Addressable Copy Management
- Advertising Decision Services (ADS)
- Content preparation tools
- Delivery verification and billing
- Analytics and reporting
- Addressable head-end components
- Set-top box client switching
- Measurement of click stream data collection
- Delivery verification client
Get the Product Brief