- Creation of the company by Stefan Kudelski and launch of the first portable recorder, the Nagra I
- Release of the Nagra III,the legendary radio, TV and cinema recorder
- US Agencies start using the miniature NAGRA SN secretly. Worldwide expansion from 1974.
- Joint project-venture with Ampex (US) and launch of the AMPEX-NAGRA VPR-5, the world’s smallest, lightest professional portable C-format video recorder
- Canal+ adopts Kudelski’s access control system for pay television
- André Kudelski succeeds Stefan Kudelski as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- First million analog decoders sold; conditional access TV systems become Kudelski’s core business
- Creation of Nagra+, a joint-venture with Canal+
- Launch of the Nagra D, the first portable professional 4-track 24 bits digital recorder
- First order contract (from with EchoStar) for a Nagravision digital system, marking the arrival of Nagravision on the North American market
- André Kudelski receives an Emmy Award from the National Academy of Arts and Sciences for achievements in the area of pay-TV conditional access and scrambling systems.
- Digital pay television becomes the company’s core business
- Nagra Audio launches a range of high-end Hi-Fi products
- Creation of NagraStar, a joint-venture with EchoStar, and of NagraCard
- Expansion into the public access business. Acquisition of SKIDATA, inventor of the first handsfree ski access system.
- Strategic investments for the development of the Digital TV ecosystem
- Acquisition of the Digital TV activity of SCM Microsystems resulting in the creation of SmarDTV
- Acquisition of a controlling interest in OpenTV
- First solutions designed for hybrid networks
- First end-to-end digital television solutions
- Third generation security solutions based on a diversified and segmented approach to security
- Acquisition of 100% of OpenTV: the Group's solutions manage the entire pay-TV ecosystem
- Launch of multiscreen solutions
- Expansion strategy focusing on emerging markets
- Launch of Kudelski Security, the cyber security business of the Group
- Creation of the Intellectual Property activity to manage the Group's strong IP portfolio
- Creation of digital TV multiscreen and high definition (4K) security solutions
- Production launch of OpenTV5
- Launch of PRM content security at Dish Network (USA)
- First major patent licence agreement signed with Cisco
- Kudelski Group is no.1 CAS provider worldwide with the acquisition of Conax
- Divestment of NagraID and NagraID Security
- Divestment of OpenTV's traffic and billing product line
- SKIDATA expands in the US ith the acquisition of Sentry Control Systems
- Kudelski Security launches the first Swiss Cyber Fusion Center
- Cooperation agreement with Netflix
- Deployment of next-generation technologies
- Success of integrated securiy, next-generation middleware and multiscreen solutions
- Launch of NAGRA’s intuiTV, a cutting-edge, end-to-end user experience turnkey platform
- The Kudelski Group creates a second headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Kudelski Security expands in the US market with the acquisition of milestone systems.
- With the acquisition of NexGuard Labs, a leader in digital content watermarking solutions, the Kudelski Group expands its portfolio of end-to-end content protection security solutions.
- Intensification of the Group’s patent licensing activity.